Saturday, November 04, 2017

Genclerbirligi get smashed in Istanbul

A person from the Alkaralar group suggests that during the winter transfer window we should get in some players who we can build upon for next season in the Lost Mail Lig. I sympathise but I think we should at least try to avoid relegation. Looking at the odds though... our friend may well be right.

Galatasaray 5 - 1 Genclerbirligi

It was a bustling Red Lion Club on Friday night of which about three of us were there for the footy. Why should I tell you that? Basically I missed quite a lot. By the time I'd managed to get myself out of one conversation we were already one down.

We had a few goes and could have scored a couple early on... but who am I kidding. Galatasaray ran rampant. Hopf had a very poor game and our defence looked very shoddy.

A late consolation goal for Scekic was nice but besides that...

Things are looking bleak.

1 comment:

  1. I was there too and I missed 5 of the goals due to constant interruptions from non-footies.

    However, Gencler have a habit of getting out of the brown smelly stuff in the 2nd half of the season, and I see no reason why they can't do it again.

    There's that Ankaragucu optimism which is contagious !!!

    ReplyDelete