Sunday, March 28, 2010

Got 'em

I've been out all day at a cricket umpiring course and didn't even hear the result of today's match until well after the final whistle. In the end though I heard that Gencler won. "Hooray" from me. "Football hooligan" came the the word from my cricket teacher.

Of course, the above is not true, the cricket teacher telling me off that is. The true bıt is that we won.

No in length reports tonight just the score. But still, a great win for Gencler.

Genclerbirligi 1 -0 Diyarbakirspor



I lost count how many times we hit the post.

4 comments:

  1. Yesssssssss and thanks for giving Ankaragucu a helping hand to keep that other lot stuck on 24 points !!

    We saw some clips of the match in the Beer Bus Bar last night and it was all Gencler. Dee-eye-bay-kir were never in it.

    btw, I'm surprised that Gencler didn't do a Chelsea and score 7 because who was Diyabakir's central defender ?? None other than the 'famous' or should it be 'infamous' Mr Lentil !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:43 pm

    I'm still trying to figure out how there is a Turkish Cricket League at all Oz?Are any of the players Turkish or all ex pats?My only live experience of cricket was seeing the great Alan Border play for NSW at North Sydney and the Australia-West Indies day/night game at the SCG on New Years Day 1996.A classic,with the Aussies winning by one run with a boundary off the last ball of the night at 10.40pm!

    Dublin Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil,
    Not only is there a cricket league here in Ankara but two of the Gencler kankas represented Turkey last year. Check out:

    http://turkeyontour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:19 pm

    Well Oz,having read up on it there I can only quote you the name of a Bruce Springsteen song that comes to mind,...."From Small Things One Day Big Things Come." Nice one.

    Dublin Neil.

    ReplyDelete