Wednesday, December 24, 2008

El Saka speaks

We have heard from the fans and from the coach and today I tracked down the first statement from El Saka. This was on filgol.com an Egyptian football website who must have got hold of El Saka some time today. I wonder just how big this story is in Egypt.

Here are the quotes:

"Since taking over the team, I could see that Aybaba is a racist man, especially against Arabs and Muslims," Al-Saqqa told FilGoal.com.


"He didn't even want me to stay on as club captain. He only surrendered to that after he was pressured by the board."


"He [Aybaba] was always angry with me whenever I gathered my teammates for praying. He used to tell me that the club is a place for training not praying.


"Once I saluted the players with Islam's greeting alsalamualaikum, he got angry and asked me to say marhaba instead."


You can check out the rest of the story here

No comments:

Post a Comment