Saturday, August 09, 2008

A NIGHTMARE SCENARIO

Greetings Kankas and Kankies

The nightmare scenario which we all dreaded has happened !

Having had all summer to install the under soil heating system in the 19 Mayis Stadium, the bad news is that it is almost 100% certain that the Stadium will not be ready for the Sportswriters Cup matches beginning on Friday.

I’m tempted to say …… typical ! ……. but, I won’t !!

So, where does that leave us ? Unfortunately, it leaves us in the `brown smelly stuff` ! Going to The Yenikent Stadium to watch the matches at any time is a pisser. I wonder who’s great idea IT was to stage the matchers there ??? No prizes for guessing I. Melih Gokcek !!

For the new arrivals to Ankara, this Stadium is about 40 Klicks outside Ankara and the transportation options are …… zero ! So, unless you go by car or taxi, it will be a big no no, especially as we have two 8.30pm kick-offs.

Maniac Kanka is exploring the possibility of an invitation to use the Anti-X Group buses, but this is a long shot.

Therefore, please keep checking this post on the Blog and if there is any good news to report I will put it in the comments section.

Speaking personally, I will leave no stone unturned in my efforts to be there, however, I still haven’t figured out how to do it.

All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment