Thursday, February 14, 2008

A question on our Egyptian link

Just received our first question via the new contact us page (Sir Eski Kanka sending me a message doesn't count). Ahmad asked: "How is Abdelzaher el Saka doing at Genclerbirligi?"

Simple answer Ahmad is that he is doing very well since he left Konyaspor at the end of last year. During the derby on Saturday El Saka wore the captain's armband and put in a very good performance. It was the first match that I've seen El Saka play for Genclerbirligi (not counting a few years ago when he was a regular starter during our UEFA Cup run) and I think us buying him again is a very good move.

Traore and he were rock solid at the back and Hurriyet newspaper gave El Saka a seven out of 10 for his performance.

Seems like he has already settled in and fingers crossed he will be putting in plenty more similar performances as we fight our way out of the relegation zone.

Thanks for the question Ahmad. Keep 'em coming.

2 comments:

  1. Also, Ahmad, our congratulations to Egypt on winning the African Nations Cup.
    We have 2 Moroccans playing in my Scottish team, Hibernian. However, perhaps it's time to bring the footie `spies` to Egypt ??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26 pm

    Thanks a lot my Kankas :) , I'm really happy for your response and you comments , I will be checking your blog regularly and I hope I could see news about the Egyptian players in Turkey .

    Thanks again
    Ahmad

    ReplyDelete