Monday, July 02, 2007

On the internet today


Good old Tolga Ozek from NTVSpor interviewed Sir Eski and myself yesterday and has already put his piece up on the NTVspor website. Below I have translated the introduction to the article which then continues with a question and answer session. I can't really be bothered to translate all that as it would mean I gave the interview in English, Tolga translated it to Turkish and then I would be translating my own comments back from Turkish to English.

But if you want to take a look then check out Tolga's piece here.

At the end of the league I received an e-mail. I was on the receiving end of a rebellion saying that in my last two articles of the season "you mentioned all the fan groups but you forgot about us". This rebellion was from the Kankas of Ankara. I used to see some of them at the stadium from time to time but I had no idea that they were organised in this way. Yes, the Kankas of Ankara are foreigners but they are also our fans.

They invited me to an end of season BBQ. I had the opportunity to talk to both foreigner and local fans and also to Mr. Suphi Yalcinkaya from Oftaş. At the BBQ there were also friends who sell Ankaragucu and Genclerbirligi merchandise and there was even a small raffle. It was a very enjoyable atmosphere. Almost all European Kankas came with their families and children. One of these children was a 15 year-old Austrian goalkeeper Christoph who attends the Genclerbirligi sports school. Good luck Christoph with your football career.

If you wonder about who these Kankas are and would like to see some pictures from the BBQ I recomend you click on http://ankarafootball.blogspot.com . It is very good to look at our football from a different perspective. The Kankas who go by the names of Oz and Eski agreed to give an interview.

1 comment:

  1. On behalf of Tolga, I would like to apologise to Maniac Kanka Harun and all the other kankas who didn't receive a mention during the interview.

    Too many kankas to mention, but fear not, you are all not forgotten !!!

    ReplyDelete