Friday, June 15, 2007

A new Genclerbirligi coach

Just read an Anatolian news agency report that Ilhan Cavcav has found ourselves a coach. A Turkish-Belgian fellow by the name of Fuat Çapa.

According to the report Çapa signed a four-day, sorry, four-year contract while he was visiting Cavcav's flour factory in Ankara on Friday.

I've never heard of the bloke so went to my old friend Wikipedia to find out how many league titles Çapa has collected in Belgium were he has been coaching lately. I was so impressed that I've decided to reprint the entire Wikipedia article here.

Fuat Capa is a Turkish football manager currently coaching Vigor Wuitens Hamme in the Belgian Second Division.

Yep, that's it. There is a link to Vigo Wuitens Hamme in the Wikipedia piece but the club is obviously so big that there is no need to have any information on them in Wikipedia at all.

So I can't actually say much about this guy. I can say though that Genclerbirligi has had a long tradition of signing Belgian players and perhaps Çapa has been our scout over there. Who knows?

Anyway, I wish him all the best of luck, cause for God's sake he will need it.

1 comment:

  1. Fooooat K...K...Kapici ?

    Never heard of him either !!!

    However, he might be related to my kapici Ilyas. I'll ask him tonight when he comes to collect all my empty tins of luvvlie luvvlie EFES !!!

    ReplyDelete