Thursday, May 18, 2006

A FOOTIE STORY FROM ITALY

Julius Caesar was addressing the crowd in the Colosseum.

"Friends,Romans and Countrymen, lend me your ears. Tomorrow I take our glorious army to conquer Northern Europe and I shall start with France. We shall kill many Gauls and return victorious."

The crowd are up on their feet "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, hail mighty Caesar"

Brutus turns to his mate and says " He doesn't half talk some shi*e eh? He couldn't fight his way out of a wet parchment bag."

Six months later, Caesar comes back having conquered France and addresses the crowd in the Colosseum. "Friends, Romans and Countrymen, I have returned from our campaign in France and as I promised, we killed 50,000 Gauls".

The crowd are up on their feet again. "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, hail mighty Caesar". Brutus once again turns to his mate "I'm sick of his bullsh*t,I'm off to France to check this out."

So Brutus sets of for France and three weeks later he comes back to Rome.

Caesar is addressing the public in the Colosseum again "Friends, Romans and Countrymen, tomorrow we set off for Britain and we are going to sort those b*stards out"

The crowd are up on their feet. "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, hail mighty Caesar"

Brutus jumps up and shouts "Caesar, you are a liar. You told us that you had killed 50,000 Gauls in France but I've been there to check it out you only killed 25,000 !!!!"

The crowd are stunned and all sit down in silence.

Caesar gets up and looks slowly round the Colosseum then across at Brutus and says "Brutus, you are forgetting one thing . . . . .

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Away Gauls count double in Europe."

If it brought a smile to your face then........... I succeeded !!!
All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:56 pm

    :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very droll Sir Eski.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What ???? Not even a slight grin or a titter ????

    Has your sense of humour deserted you all ????

    Let's look on the bright side of life !!

    If anyone should be miserable it should be me ! Why ? Hibs sold our top goal scorer Derek Riorden to Celtic. Now, THAT is something to be sad about !!!

    All the best from Mr Optimistic Eski Kanka Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid Sir Eski Kanka that the joke reminds me much too much of my old man's type of jokes. Slight titter, yes, but more of a groan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:30 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete